Friday, December 01, 2006

Coffee break

It's getting boring being unemployed. So, in an effort to add a jult of excitement to my day, I just finished off an entire pot of strong black coffee myself. I figured at the time that that would make things move quickly and I'd be employed faster. No such luck. Excuse me a second. I need to call back some guy about a job...

"Hi, is this Jim?"

"Well, thanks for calling me. It sounds like an interesting opportunity. How soon are you looking to fill the position?"

"Ok, well, I think I'd fit the post pretty well. I have managerial experiance and frankly, I think I could do very well in this post."

"Oh thanks. I've heard good things about your organization. This is sort of random, but last night I was dreaming about a trip - not a really one, a dream one - and my mom was yelling at me then I saw this hot chick out the window and... have you ever played scrabble? We should play sometime you seem like you'd be good at it and I think it'd be fun we could get some beers and just hang out..."

"I could do that. I handled similar situations in my last job and I think I did an ok job. Well, there was this one time I became a bit pissed at one of my coworkers but he deserved it. Have you ever punched a wall? It hurts. It doesn't bust through like in the movies unless it's hollow behind the sheet rock which it isn't usually and you can't really know unless you test it before hand but punching a wall is really like an impulse thing and testing it doesn't really seem to make sense there was this one time I found a dollar on the street and I went in to the store to get a juice but all they had was sodas so I bought one but I was belching forever afterwards do you have that problem with sodas too?"

"Ok, well do you want to set up a time to sit down and talk about how I might be able to help the firm?"

"Right, ok, I'll wait for your call then. Thanks."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home